• Austin Cole has had a print accepted for the Lynn Painter-Stainers exhibition and three of his prints have been shortlisted for the NEAC
• Melissa Scott-Miller also has works in the Lynn Painter-Stainers show The Lynn Painter-Stainers is running now and closes on the 17th March
• Annie Boisseau has had a painting selected for the RWS Contemporary Watercolour Competition at the Bankside Gallery, and this show is running until the 20th March
• Malcolm Ashman, Susan Bower, David Eustace, Brian George, Martin Leman and William Selby have all been invited to show work at the Selected RBA Show at the Bircham Gallery in Holt, Norfolk. This exhibition is on from the 9th March – 3rd April
• Melissa Scott-Miller, Malcolm Ashman, Robert E Wells, Steven Outram and Mick Davies have all had work in the Affordable Art Fair, in Battersea, London
• Over 30 RBA artists have their work showing in the M1 Gallery in Charing Cross until the 31st March. Artists include: Will Taylor, Cheryl Culver, Jon Pryke, Stephen Darbishire, Cinzia Bonada, Ronald Morgan, Julian Halsby, Akash Bhatt, Stephen Brown, Miranda Halsby, Ann Heat, Terry Watts and Jacqueline Taber, amongst others. The show will be transferring to the M1 Greenwich Gallery in April
• Following Mick Davies’ return from Japan last month, having opened the Japanese version of the Rising Stars, Qualiart have confirmed that they will sponsor the RBA RISING STARS and Rome Scholarship with a £3000 donation on an annual basis.
We also have news of some of our RISING STARS:
• Ben Duax is showing some work as part of a group exhibition in Gallery Number Nine in Swindon
• Charlie Schaffer has had his work included in the Lynn Painter-Stainers exhibition and he was awarded a prize
• Oliver Bedeman also had a work in the Lynn Painter-Stainers show – though we have to admit that having applied for the Rome Scholarship last year, he did not make it into the semi-finals. He was a near miss though!