How to Exhibit with The RBA
– Upload images of work at http://mallgalleries.oess.uk between Monday 17 December 2018 and Friday 15 March 2019, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
– Check http://mallgalleries.oess.uk on Friday 22 March, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been pre-selected
– If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 27 April, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
– Check mallgalleries.org.uk on Wednesday 1 May, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been accepted to the exhibition
– If unaccepted, collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Friday 3 May, 10am to 5pm
Submission opens: Monday 17 December 2018, 12 noon
Submission closes: Friday 15 March 2019, 12 noon
Pre-selection notification: Friday 22 March, 12 noon [Log in to see if your work has been pre-selected]
Receiving Day (if pre-selected only): Saturday 27 April, 10am to 5pm
Acceptance notification: Wednesday 1 May, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Friday 3 May, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition open: Thursday 4 July, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Sunday 14 July, 1pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 18 July, 10am to 5pm
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Any medium including sculpture and original prints.
- Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £4).
- Maximum of six works submitted.
- Maximum of four works selected.
- Work must not have been exhibited previously.
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
- All work must be for sale. The price of works must include commission of 45%+VAT (please note that where foundry fees apply, foundry costs will be deducted before commission is calculated).
- Minimum price: £300 (framed prints: £180, unframed prints: £120).
Delivery & Collection
- Works should be delivered without any protective packaging as this cannot be retained.
- The gallery will not be responsible for wrapping works or providing wrapping materials for any works being returned.
- Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
- Please note that selectors’ decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
- Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
- Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post – Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- For full terms and conditions, click here.
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
The de Laszlo Foundation Prize: The de Laszlo Medal and £1,500 will be awarded to the artist aged 35 or under for the best art work from life
The Nathan David Award for Sculpture: £150
The Stuart Southall Print Prize: £250
The Patron’s Prize: £500
The LARA Prize for a Young Artist: Short course at London or Bristol
The Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award: £50
The Artist Magazine Award: The winner will be interviewed in The Artist magazine, print and digital editions
The Davison Award for Oil Painting: £100
The Dry Red Press Award: The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press ‘Prize Winners’ range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist
Frinton Frames Award: £200 of picture framing at Frinton Frames bespoke handfinished picture frame makers
The Geoffrey Vivis Memorial Award: £100
The Gordon Hulson Memorial Prize for Draughtsmanship, Variety & Exploration: £200
The Michael Harding Awards: Two awards of £500 worth of Michael Harding art materials, and 10 painting starter sets
The Winsor & Newton Painting Award: Art materials to the value of £500
Hahnemuhle Fine Art UK Award: A prize of artist paper, worth £250
Keep up to date on our 2019 Exhibition by joining our mailing list.