How to Exhibit with The RBA
The annual open exhibition of the society takes place in early spring. The exhibition includes works from both members and non-members and represents every form of media including fine art, prints and sculpture.
The 301st Annual Open Exhibition 2018
Registration and digital submission closes
Notification of pre-selection
Notification of pre-selection posted
See suggested art couriers
Saturday 20 January 2018, 10am – 5pm
For pre-selected works only
Notification of acceptance posted
Collection of unaccepted work
Exhibition opens to public
Collection of unsold exhibition work
ALL work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which successful artists will be invited to deliver their work to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection.
Online registration will open at 12 noon on the 4th September 2017.
Digital image submission and pre-selection
Once you have registered and obtained an artist login, you can upload a digital image of each work you plan to submit and they will be assessed by our selectors. If a work passes this initial assessment you will be invited to bring it along on the receiving days for judging. This pre-selection process can help avoid any unnecessary framing or transportation costs into London.
The requirements for digital images are…
- Image files must be in JPG format at no more than 1MB in size
- The system will accept varying resolutions and image dimensions
- Submission fee: £15 per work payable at the time of submitting (£10 per work for artists aged 35 or under)
- A maximum of six works can be submitted, three of which can be original framed prints
- A maximum of four works may be selected
- Acceptable media: Any medium including sculpture and original prints (please detail edition and how many are available)
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension
- All works must be exhibition ready
- All works must be for sale and not previously exhibited
- Minimum price: £300 (framed prints: £180, unframed prints: £120)
How to submit
Online registration will open 12 noon on 4th September 2017 through the Mall Galleries website by following the link below: